I've been a little MIA around here lately (sorry!)...projects and sickness and just a lot of extra stuff on the calendar these past few weeks have pushed a bit into the margins of my days, and I'm having to fight a little harder to slow down and create some white space in the middle of all the busy.
Especially because Easter is coming, and I don't want to be so busy and distracted that I forget to remember.
So we're pulling out our "crown of thorns" and our Easter Family Devotions and gathering all our little ornaments to hang on branches that I'm putting in a jar on the table...because I need to remember. My family needs to remember. We need to slow the pace and make space in our crazy busy days to intentionally remember Jesus.
A couple of years ago I put together a little 2-week set of devotions about the life of Jesus. I created it for my own family...I wanted to be intentional about how we celebrated Easter, and I wanted to use the weeks leading up to this significant day to really invest in my girls' hearts, and to remind my own heart of the incredibly powerful and utterly undeserved grace of Jesus...Jesus who healed and loved and washed feet, Jesus who suffered and died and was buried...Jesus who rose and is alive and is King.
I wrote a little more about it when I first shared the devotions a couple of years ago (you can read that post here). This little set of devotions is still close to my heart, and our family will be reading through these same stories and talking through these same questions again this year...because we still need to remember.
And I'd love to share this resource with you...
If you'd like to download the FREE 33-page Easter Family Devotions kit, just click here!
The kit includes:
- Directions on how to make a Jesus Tree.
- 14 Days of Family Devotions – each devotion has a scripture reading, some questions, and a prayer prompt.
- Set of 14 Jesus Tree Ornaments – these are hand-drawn images, each one corresponds to a Bible story from the devotions.
- At least 1 extra activity idea per day. (Crafts, activities, recipes, etc.)
- Extra Resources – all recipes, craft instructions, and activity directions are included in the kit.
- A Last Supper Meal – detailed, step-by-step information for making this special meal happen for your family, including a printable for your table decorations.
Whatever you do, I pray that you find a way to slow down the next couple of weeks and prepare your heart for Easter and remember all the amazing things that Jesus has done, and is still doing...all to draw you close to Himself. He loves you....all the way to death and back to life again! May you be so very blessed as you celebrate His incredible love this Easter!